Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summer Reads: Flashback - August

Though I only had 5 books scheduled for August I ended up reading 9. This was a great month for books, I hit up the chick lit and continued with cozy mysteries and threw in a couple of mystery/thrillers for good measure. I've never been drawn to literature with a capital L, so I have to apologize for my simple tast in reading. That's been changing though lately!

Again, there are so many books to catch up on that I'm just going to do a mini recap with a few notes.

Hurricanes in Paradise by Denise Hildrith ***** out of 5
Hope in a Jar by Beth Harbison **** out of 5
Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen ** out of 5
One for the Money - Janet Evanovich ***** out of 5
Bookmarked to Death (A Booktown Mystery #2) *** out of 5
Witch Way to Murder by Shirley Damsgaard**** out of 5
Look Again by Lisa Scottoline ***** out of 5
I Scream, You Scream (A Mystery ala Mode #1) ***** out of 5
Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane ***** out of 5
Obviously I was super generous with my stars this month! I also started books from more than one series which may not have been the best idea. The only one I actively kept reading is the Booktown Mystery series. Her Royal Spyness was my least favorite book of the month and I actually had to stop reading it partway through. I know many people love it, but it just wasn't interesting to me at all. I finished Shutter Island in a matter of hours and I thought it was fantastic. Still haven't seen the movie though! Lisa Scottoline books are great if you like fast pace with lots of cliffhangers.

Question: Do you read one book at a time or do you bounce around? When I was younger I'd get a bunch of books from the library and start them all the same day. Naturally, I wouldn't finish any of them before they had to go back!

0 comments: