Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Workin' it Out - Monday & Wednesday

Contrary to popular belief, I have been working out this week! On Monday I ventured over to the gym - along with everyone else in our town. The place was packed. Lots of guys with tiny heads and biceps as big as my thigh, and lots of gym bunnies on the ellipticals. The weights section of this gym is tiny but really crowded...the machines and benches are about 18 inches apart and I almost died multiple times. Party because I'm an idiot and partly because of the lack of space. Soooo that was not a fun workout. I didn't know where anything was and the big boys kept sassing me. But I was back again today and kicked some major booty.

Anyway, I won't bore y'all with what exercises I did on Monday or this morning, but I will say that I can't walk. And I'm pretty sure I can't lift my arms over my head. Laughing would be a terrible (painful) idea right now. Mission accomplished.


This gym doesn't have too many classes, but once it cools down again I'm going to give Zumba and Turbo-Kick a try. So much of it depends on the instructor!

Here are the playlists!
Monday's music (weights):

  • Your Love is My Drug - Ke$ha - I'm officially sick of this song.
  • Touch - Natasha Bedingfield
  • Dynamite - Taio Cruz
  • I Never Told You - Colbie Caillat
  • Savior - Lights
  • Rose Colored Glasses - Kelly Rowland
  • Kissin' U - Miranda Cosgrove
  • So Big - Iyaz
  • Something More - Secondhand Serenade
  • Raindrop - Carmen Reece

Wednesday's music (weights + 15 mins cardio):

  • Spending All My Time - Aaron Fresh
  • Misery - Maroon 5
  • Dynamite - Taio Cruz
  • I Run To You - Lady Antebellum 
  • Got Your Back - T.I. ft. Keri Hilson
  • Mockingbird - Rob Thomas
  • Dancin' Around The Truth - The Stunners ft. New Boyz
  • Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads ft. Rome
  • Gettin' Over You - David Guetta & Chris Willis ft. Fergie & LMFAO - I can't stand this song, so why do I keep listening to it? One of life's little mysteries.
  • Ghost - Fefe Dobson
  • Magic - Emii
  • September - Daughtry
  • 143 - Bobby Brackins ft. Ray J - This song = my jam. And probably the reason the boys were staring this morning. Sometimes I forget I'm supposed to be doing lunges and I dance instead. 

Does anyone else hate 'cardio' as much as I do? I get bored out of my mind on the elliptical, bike, treadmill, etc etc. How do you stand doing 45 minutes? 

0 comments: