Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Couch to 5K - W3D1



Week 3, nice to see you again. This is probably the fifth time I've done week 3 of Couch to 5K, but it's all good.

I left the house at 7:40 this morning (WHY was I up so early? HOW?!) and it was about 45 degrees. And cloudy, but is anyone surprised? Clouds are what the Pacific Northwest do the best. I used the C25K app I have on my iPhone, and it worked perfectly! I love all of the reminders and countdowns and the iTunes integration.

Before I took my 'break' from running, I frequented a nice and flat 2 mile loop - which I also ran today. I was out for half an hour, but I'd say I only ran for 20 of those minutes (just following directions, yo). Which meant I finished my run halfway through the loop and I had to decide if I should turn around or keep going. Seriously, I looked like a confused squirrel.

I developed an awful headache in the middle of my run, but other than that things went really well! Considering I've done the least amount of cardio possible since DECEMBER, I was seriously surprised I made it through my intervals without collapsing. So aside from the horrible headache (from running on an empty stomach?) and the stich in my side, I felt faaaaantastic!

No really, it was a pretty decent run considering it was only 8 in the morning.

If you had a totally free schedule, what time of day would you run? Tell me about it!

0 comments: