Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Goals!

I probably make at least 3 to-do lists every day, and my room has all kinds of handy charts and lists on my white-boards and calendar. I use the calendar on both my laptop and my phone, and sometimes even a written planner!

So basically, I like to plan ahead. And I like to make lists.

Here are my current running goals:

  • Run another 5k.
  • Run a sub-30:00 5k.
  • Run a 10k.
  • Run a half marathon.

And some details:

My first goal is pretty easy, and hopefully I'll be able to cross it off my list in June! I have two races in mind, both in Washington (totally different sides of the state, of course!). I'm not sure if I'll be running in both, but I'll definitely be running the Summer Solstice Fun Run on the 26th! It takes place in the evening, which is totally awesome because 1. I don't have to get up at 5am and 2. I'll be home in Oregon by then so the whole family can drive up and make a day out of it! I've got to admit I felt kind of bad when my parents had to leave home at 4 in the morning to come see me run my first 5k this past December.

Goal number two will hopefully be pretty easy as well. Hopefully. Positive thinking here. My first 5k time was 33:11 and don't tell anyone but I walked a TON in that race. But hey, I ended up winning first place in my division! Sooooo I'm thinking I should be able to knock this one out of the park if I put my big girl pants on and suck it up. Also, the course for the Summer Solstice run sounds like it's relatively flat. And hopefully it won't be windy and raining. And even if it is, I'm going to doooo it!

Running a 10k is my next goal, and I think I've got a plan (here I go again) to actually accomplish it this time. After my 5k last year, I wanted to move on to a 10 but I couldn't find any races. And I wanted to be lazy. And lifting weights doesn't make me out of breath and sweaty and gross. Well it does, but it's different. Mostly I was lazy. BUT. I have found a nice race called Pints to Pasta that happens in September that's been voted the best 10k in the NW for SIX years in a row. UM, this needs to happen. I love swag and I love big events and I love pasta! I'm a little young for the pints part of the deal, but I heard I get rootbeer instead! I can work with that.


And then, the big one. Running a half marathon. Is it possible? Sure. Will it be fun? Maybe not. Will I make it fun? ....I guess I probably should! I would love to do a destination race for this, and run the Mardi Gras half in New Orleans (obsessed!!) or one of the Disney races in either CA or FL. If not, I guess there's always the Rock n Roll Seattle.

Okay, my goals are out there. I've told, well, the internet. So now I guess I should get working, right?

Today's a no run day though, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow! Which is good, because honestly my quads HURT. Nice.

0 comments: