Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Summer Reads: Where we left off - July

When I left you all last summer I was in the middle of my own little reading challenge. Though I wasn't updating here, I was still reading myself into a frenzy!

I picked up the pace in July and ended up reading 7 books (That's 3 more than 'required' for anyone keeping track). Rather than do a review for each one, here's a mini recap. Each book links to GoodReads.
Murder is Binding (A Booktown Mystery #1) by Lorna Barret
 **** out of 5
Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife by Mary Roach
*** out of 5
The Quilter's Apprentice (Elm Creek Quilts #1) by Jennifer Chiaverini
 **** out of 5
One Little Secret byAllison Bottke
*** out of 5
VisonMongers by David duChemin
***** out of 5
Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
**** out of 5
Thr3e by Ted Dekker
***** out of 5
I loved VisionMongers and Thr3e. If you have any interest in photography or the creative process at all I recommend you check out any of David duChemin's books. He's a fantastic photographer and an all around great person!

We broke a record in Memphis yesterday for the hottest temps and we're well on the way there again today. Stay cool, y'all!

0 comments: