Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The short and sweet Q&A post.

Okay, I've been promising this for days, and it's finally here! I'm still getting acclimated to being home for the summer, and I've still got lots and lots of unpacking to do. Am I the only one that hates unpacking more than packing? So much stuff, nowhere to put it all!

On to the questions...

From Becca...
I am a fellow beginner runner and I was curious what have you been basing your training schedule on? Did you get it from a website? I think I'll be starting my 5k training schedule once I return Stateside.
All of my running so far has been based on the Couch to 5k program. The plan is 9 weeks long and you alternate intervals of running and walking during each workout. This is the only training plan I've used so far, and I really like it. There are a lot of additional resources out there that compliment this, like C25K podcasts and iPhone/iTouch apps. Right now I use the C25K app on my phone, and I love it! There's no fancy GPS tracking or anything like that, but I can listen to my own music through iTunes and I get alerts that tell me when to run and when to walk. I like this better than using podcasts because I can choose what I want to listen to during each workout, but I used to use podcasts exclusively. Everything I do with the plan is based on time, but you could do it by distance also.

Diana...
The reason for your journey of C25K? It is working?

I've done the C25K thing a few times now, and as far as a training plan to get someone out of the house and moving around, I think it works really well. I wish I loved running, but I can honestly say right now that I haven't managed to find that elusive runners high or the addiction to running so many people have. Maybe it's not in me, and maybe this isn't the right type of exercise for me. Some days it's a chore and I hate it, but there are those workouts where everything goes well, I feel great and strong, and I don't want to stop running. I think that's what keeps me plugging along. 

MrsMis asked...
Where did you get that gorgeous ring?!?! 
We're talking about this ring!
I love love love this ring, and believe it or not, it's from Icing! You know, the 'grown up' version of Claires at the mall. I did have to coat it with some clear nail-polish so my finger wouldn't turn green, but considering I only spent $4 in the first place, I'm okay with that. 

The lovely Summer wanted to know...
What was your favorite toy and piece of jewelry/clothing in elementary school?
Oh man! I loved Barbies, and I had a pretty big collection when I was younger! I remember wearing lots of butterfly clips, too.


What song will make you get up and dance even when you are down in the dumps?
Anything from the 90s! Especially the one-hit-wonders.


When you move out to L.A., will you put me in one of the movies you produce? LOL.
Absolutely! I'm picturing a September Issue style movie about the blogging world. Now that would be interesting!

Thanks y'all! I'll be back with some cookie pictures in a bit!

0 comments: