Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Couch to 5K - W4D1

Week 4, day 1, you're done!

I'm obviously not skilled with iPhone self portraits, because I cut out my thumbs up! 
I'll work on it, promise.

So let's break it down:

  • 45 degrees, sunny, raining, windy. Yes, sunny and windy. And raining. I like to call them sunshowers. They kind of suck. It was pretty though!
  • Awful headache partway through. I kind of thought my head might explode right there in the middle of the road. Maybe from allergies? Caffeine? Probably the allergies, considering I haven't had any caffeine today. Have I told you how much I love iced coffees though? This is a new thing of mine, and if that's what's causing the problem I'll be one unhappy camper.

Listened to: With links!

  • Up! - M83 (This is my go-to airplane song. Love listening to it during take-off. Yes, I know that's not really allowed. Shhhh.)
  • Collapse - MuteMath
  • Typical - MuteMath
  • Chaos - MuteMath
  • Backfire - MuteMath
  • Spotlight - MuteMath
  • Armistice - MuteMath
  • Bulletproof - La Roux


Lots of variety today, right? I know I said I was going to do the whole Glee thing, but I just wasn't feeling it this morning. Instead I listened to a little M83, a little La Roux, and a LOT of MUTEMATH!

They're probably one of my top 5 bands and if you haven't heard them you should definitely give them a try! Typical is from their first album, and Backfire is from their most recent. 

So, Glee on Wednesday, Britney on Friday? Sounds like a plan!

I'll probably have to stop doing my music recaps once I start doing runs longer than 3 miles. Lucky for you, that won't be for a looooooong time!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Ha! I have ALL of those Mute Math songs on my running playlist! I love seeing other people's playlists - especially when it's not all top 40 stuff. I tire of music really quickly.

PS That SUCKS about your story :(

Diana said...

The reason for your journey of C25K? It is working?
I am going to start tomorrow morning to help me lose weight, tone up and generally get in shape before the big 4-0 gets here!

Natalie said...

Susan - I'm so excited to see that someone else out there has heard of -and likes - MuteMath! I'm the same way with my music too, but my habit of putting a song on repeat until I'm absolutely sick of it probably doesn't help! haha

Diana - I hope your run went well today! You've definitely inspired me to do a post talking about those two things, but in short I can say that c25k definitely worked for me as far as getting into much better shape! It's taken a few stops and starts (and this is my 3rd time doing it all out), but I think it's one of the best fitness plans out there for a beginner/semi-beginner. :)