Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Water, Water, Everywhere...

and not a drop to drink - literally!

(This is a semi-rant. You have been warned!)

We discovered around 10:30 last night that our apartment had no running water. All day we've had storms and downpours, and now we're water-less! Of course I was instantly thirsty, I had to pee, and I wanted to take a shower. Typical.

What I just love about the entire situation is that when we called the after-hours extension about the issue, they told us a water-main had broken. Okay, no big deal, that's not your fault. But then we learned that they weren't even going to look into fixing it (or the extent of the problem) until late this morning! Okay okay, that makes sense too...it's raining and you don't want to go traipsing around late at night in the dark.

So we wash some dishes using water from our Brita filter, I make a lot of jokes about glamping and living Little House on the Prairie style, and life is good. And then I wake up to an email saying that most of the apartments 'are without water this morning'. (What about last night?!) And then, "We are working to determine the extent of the problem and the necessary repairs.  We will send further information as soon as we have the timeline for repair. " Faaaaantastic.

Normally I wouldn't be too annoyed by this because hey, things happen. But these are the same people that took over 4 months to replace our faulty refrigerator that not only peed all over our kitchen floor mulitple times a day, but it didn't keep things cold either! And they even sent us a new 'temporary roommate' at 11:30 pm without telling us we were getting one, which led to a pretty freaked out me wondering if she was just hearing things or if people really had just walked into the apartment and into a bedroom that hadn't been lived in since December. I don't mind that she's here, I just wish they had sent an email or told our RA or something. It's been a week and still not a word from them about the situation. Thanks y'all!

(All done! Thanks!)

In other news, my morning run may need to happen later this afternoon due to the weather. That's probably a good thing because I have a 20-page revision to finish and a presentation later this evening in class. I need to get to work!

And as a reward for sticking with me even though I'm unshowered:

Misa's Dirty Sexy Money

0 comments: