Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

True confession: I haven't run since Sunday.

True confession: I haven't run since Sunday.

My knees have been aching, and I haven't been feeling too well these past few days. With every day that goes by, I feel like my progress is going backward. Where'd my excitement for running go?

When the going gets tough, I'm one of those people that changes direction rather than work through the tough. Yikes! I've always been like this, and I think it's one of my biggest shortcomings. Admitting it is the first step though, right?

What have I been doing instead of running? Making cookies! I just finished my very first batch ever of sugar cookies. Hearts, and stars, and fish, and butterflies are all over the kitchen in various stages of being iced. I'm having so. much. fun. You wouldn't believe it! Everything is a mess and I can't seem to get my colors past the murky pastel stage, but I don't even care. Drawing is definitely not a real-life skill of mine, but when it comes to a pastry bag and a cookie, apparently I've got wicked awesome outlining skills!

I will run today. I was planning on taking a yoga class this morning, but I think my run should come first right now.

0 comments: