Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

ZUMBAAAA!


I finally understand the love and devotion people have for Zumba. I was skeptical, and my previous experiences had been far from magical, but this class has allowed me to see the light.

We actually had two instructors, which I think made it a lot easier to follow along. They didn't do much vocal cue-ing, which I was a little nervous about at first, but I didn't have any problems with the steps!

Tonight was the most coordinated I've ever been in my entire life. I have noooo idea where that came from, but I loved it. The classroom was probably 90 degrees and I had to take a quick break a few times for water, but other than that it was non-stop dancing with lots of yelling and lots of booty shaking. Tons of fun, but I really really didn't enjoy the heat. That's just me though, I don't handle heat and humidity too well. I guess it adds to the atmosphere though? We were transported to Latin America via magical workout room!

So two questions remain:
1. Why did I put off going to Zumba for so long? I'll heading home in just a few weeks, and I don't think the gym near my house has anyone teaching Zumba. It's going to be a long summer.
2. Who knew they had cute Zumba clothes? Where can I buy the adorable hot pink cargo pants? (Okay, that was three questions, I lied)

Tomorrow's my longest run yet (20 consecutive minutes), and I think I may take a little field trip so I can run somewhere new and exciting. It's supposed to be 74 and sunny!

0 comments: