Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Coming up with a challenge!

(This isn't running related, just an FYI.)

I've been toying around with the idea to do a 30 day challenge for fun. I've got almost 30 days left before my junior year of college is over, and at this point I'll do whatever I can to make those days go by even just a little bit faster!

Here are the ideas I have so far...

  • Manicures - I have a very large collection of nail polish. And when I say large, I'm talking 200+ bottles. That's more than enough to do a manicure a day for 30 days! I could showcase them here or maybe just on Flickr.
  • TED Talks - Watch, reflect and share one a day.
  • Waking up early - 7 or 8 am? This could get pretty miserable when we roll around to finals. Heck, Saturday and Sunday mornings will probably be pretty rough too.
  • Writing - 30 minutes every morning. This would probably be most beneficial to me right now considering the classes I'm in this quarter. Doing homework and accomplishing a goal? Sweet!
  • Exercise - I run 3 days a week already, but I miss lifting weights and taking classes. This could be a great way to get everything in at once.
  • Letters/Cards/Email - One of the three every day. Do I even know 30 people to send a letter to? Okay, yeah I do. I'm not sure why, but I have some kind of block surrounding this challenge. Maybe because I don't write letters or long emails very often to begin with.
  • Reading - 30 minutes or an hour every day. I read so much when I was little, I miss doing that!


I'm leaning towards writing for 30 minutes every morning or sending letters/cards/emails every day. Anyone have suggestions? Have you ever done a challenge like this? I plan to start the challenge this week, most likely on Wednesday (Cinco de Mayo!).

Tomorrow begins week 4 of C25K! It's supposed to rain all of tonight and through tomorrow afternoon, so we'll see how things go. I haven't settled on a music theme yet, but I'm thinking about running to songs from Glee! I'm absolutely in love with the show. Hopefully I can get out there early enough that I won't get caught singing and dancing as I run!

0 comments: