Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Couch to 5K - W5D1

Today was the very first day of week 5, which may be the most intimidating week of the entire plan.

It started out simply enough, with 5 minutes of running followed by 3 minutes of walking. Each time the little man inside my iPhone told me to run, I did. And we repeated this three times.

On Wednesday I get to run for 8 minutes. Then I walk for 5. Run for 8 more minutes. That's totally doable.

Friday? Well. On Friday I run for 20 minutes. TWENTY MINUTES. With no walking. Oh man.

Cross that bridge when we come to it though, right?

So for today's run:

  • 47 degrees
  • Cloudy. (I miss yesterday's sun! But it's supposed to be in the 70s on Thursday and Friday. SO EXCITED)
  • 2 miles - according to MapMyRun. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I'll go with it. One day I will have a Garmin. One day!
Music wise, I felt the need for some hip-hop. 
  • Hip-Hop Saved My Life - Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - LOVE this song.
  • All Of The Above - Maino ft. T-Pain 
  • Chillin - Wale ft. Lady Gaga 
  • (Apparently I was all about the featured tracks!)
  • Ridin' Solo - Jason Derulo
  • Pretty Girls - Wale ft. Gucci Man
  • Women Lie, Men Lie - Yo Gotti ft. Lil Wayne (my boyfriend.)
  • Can't Be Tamed - Miley Cyrus
Oh hey, Miley. Not too sure how she got in there! Okay, true confession, I really like the song. The video isn't too bad either. Sure, I feel like she's trying hard to be Britney circa-2000, but it's all good!

Last night I made the cutest, yummiest apple cinnamon muffins. I highly recommend them, and you can find the recipe here. (Don't worry if your batter isn't pourable like the recipe says it should be, mine wasn't but they turned out delish.)

And now it's time I get down to work. Right now I feel like what little motivation I had at the beginning of the quarter has disappeared. Unfortunately, I still have 3 weeks left! And during those 3 weeks I have 2 HUGE papers to write. Come back motivation....come back!

0 comments: