Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Couch to 5K - W5D3

Week Five is finished! I'm not sure if I'd call today's run fun, but it was an experience. :)

Overcast and 55 degrees, but I'm pretty sure it was closer to 60 near the end. Right when I got to my car a few raindrops began to fall, but we're not due for real rain until later this afternoon.

The first 10 minutes flew by, and I felt pretty comfortable. As soon as I hit the halfway point though, things started to go downhill. My lungs were not happy to be working hard so early in the morning. I took a minute or so walk break - so I guess you could say I cheated - but other than that I just pushed myself to finish. Slowwww goings though, I only ran a little over 1.5 miles. I think that's about a 13 minute pace? That's okay for me though!

Unfortunately, my knees complained for the entire 20 minutes. I'm not sure if this is normal aches and pains or if it's something else. Previously I've had arch problems and hip problems, but never anything with my knees! I'm 20, I shouldn't feel this old. Found some icepacks in the freezer, so we'll see if those help any.

Music for today:
When I Look To The Sky - Train
Following Rita - Train
Getaway - Train
Counting Airplanes - Train
Sex On Fire - Kings of Leon
Closer - Kings of Leon
Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
Be Somebody - Kings of Leon

Lots of variety, right? ;) I'll always love both of these bands, but I probably should have chosen something with a little more power for my 'long' run.

Today was also the Capital City Marathon! I hope everyone that ran had a great time!

0 comments: